I got tagged on email but I'd rather do it here on my blog.
Here are the rules for the Book Tag:
1. Grab the nearest book to you (not the most intellectual or your favorite. From where you're sitting, get the nearest one!).
2. Open the book to page 56.
3. Post the text of the first two-five sentences.
4. Tag five people to do the same.
And here's what I do:
1. The book is The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide by Douglas Adams. It's Vince's hardbound book that contains five novels and one short story. He loves it. I'm opening it for the first time now...
2. ... to page 56, which says,
3. "The real Universe arched sickeningly away beneath them. Various pretend ones flitted silently by, like mountain goats. Primal light exploded, splattering space-time with gobbets of Jell-O. Time blossomed, matter shrank away. The highest prime number coalesced quietly in a corner and hid itself away for ever."
4. Hmm. That was interesting and strange. I guess this book's on my To-Read list! I'm tagging the five people on my blogroll who've most recently updated their blogs: