|Zara knit top, Zara mini skirt, Zara ballet flats. Kate Spade tote.|
I'll also add some of my observations about Topaz Fashion in this post. I think you'll find them more interesting than the shabby outfits haha.
I tried FF because many readers were curious about what I usually wear. It's usually very boring, ladies. Comfy dressing all the way! Stylish comfy dressing—I want to reiterate that!—but not the kind that'll knock your socks off or get me a fashion endorsement deal, as some young fashion bloggers are currently fighting about.
|Wrong angle. Yaya was sitting on floor. You can almost look up my Uniqlo dress!|
Others: Lacoste ballet flats and Rags 2 Riches bag by Aranaz
So FF was an experiment, nothing serious, nothing I planned to continue. My findings are:
1. It is very hard work.
2. It made me overly concerned about what I'll wear.
3. It made me overly concerned about repeating clothes haha.
4. I'm starting to figure out my best angle! Face camera. Left foot forward. Bend left knee. Stand up straight. Turn away right shoulder. Slightly keep arms away from body. (But in these photos, you can see I'm still trying out different poses.)
5. It works.
Wha?? Topaz Fashion works, bloggers. Want to make your blog popular? Do fashion posts! In October, my page views jumped from 40,000 to 60,000. That's huge.
|Ojay raw silk blouse, Frou Frou embroidered shorts, Lacoste flats, Longchamp clutch|
I was scratching my head wondering why I suddenly had so many new readers and when I studied the stats, it's the Topaz Fashion posts that always spike the stats meter. Like, there's a big jump.
So this November, I skipped several FFs just to check if the stats will remain at 60K. Well, it didn't. It went down and now it's hovering at 55K. Still much higher than the 40K but I see now that FF had a significant effect. And so now I have a dilemma!
|Muji scarf, Forever 21 tank, Levi's jeans, Anthropolgy flats, Charles & Keith sunglasses|
Obviously, I have to continue with FFs, right? It's okay actually. I think it can be good for me to care more for my appearance (although I hope I don't become vain and shallow in the process!). My problem with it now is this:
- I don't have a lot of clothes. Well, I actually do but they're all pre-pregnancy and so I don't fit into them anymore/yet. I fit into maybe 12 outfits. I think you'll get very bored once you've seen me recycle 12 outfits! Plus, I may have lots of shoes but I seem to wear only 3 pairs!
- Some of my friends say that posting photos of stuff you own is nagyayabang and I don't want to appear mayabang.
- But if I post outfit shots only of my affordable fashion or second-hand finds courtesy of eBay, baka naman you'll think I'm poor! Haha.
|Sexy White Shirt tee, Colours shorts, Lacoste flats, Rags 2 Riches bag by Aranaz|
Grabe, napakabigat na problema ito! Is Topaz Fashion worth it??? Muni-muni muna me.