This post is brought to you by Belo Essentials.
I'm in the middle of using the Belo Intensive Whitening line and this will be a mini review. It's mini because I've only been using it for two weeks. It takes the skin about 4-8 weeks before it renews itself so two weeks of using the Belo soap, face cream and body lotion isn't enough yet.
And yet I'll tell you a bit about it anyway!
I wanted to use Belo Intensive Whitening line because I have a lot of acne scars and sun spots. I'm always looking for a way to brighten (not whiten) my already fair skin, but—believe it or not!—I've never actually tried any! Mas malaking problem kasi sa akin before ang pag-manage ng acne ko. But now that my hormones have finally (knock on wood!) calmed down, I can see that the pimples have left dark spots all over my face. My three pregnancies have also left my body with pigmentation. In short, hindi na ako iisang kulay. I'm marbled.
Belo's whitening line has two ingredients that will address my concerns: kojic acid and tranexamic acid. Kojic acid inhibits the production of melanin, which is what gives us our skin color. Tranexamic acid is also a melanin-inhibitor but it also takes care of skin damaged by the environment, like the sun and pollution. It’s also great for targeting stubborn dark areas like elbows, knees, kili-kili, singit, hehe!
But, okay, the real reason I decided to use the Belo Intensive Whitening system is this commercial:
Haha, yes, sobra akong influenced ng mga commercials!
Since I can't give a full review, I'll just tell you my progress so far.
What I like:
- At first, my skin became dry from the soap, so buti na lang merong cream and lotion to combat the dryness. But after a week, the tightness went away and my skin now feels softer and smoother. Hooray!
- I didn't break out! My skin is very sensitive to new products so I'm glad I didn't react in a bad way. I actually even had two tiny pimples that dried up and died when I used the soap and face cream!
- I didn't feel stinging, and there was no peeling or redness. So this is gentle on skin. Well, I dunno. When I was reading about this on other blogs, the other bloggers experienced stinging. Maybe kasi matanda na ako at makapal na ang balat ko kaya ako hindi nakaramdam ng stinging?
- I'm actually okay that even after two weeks' use, walang sudden whiteness. Mga girls and boys, be wary of products that promise instant whitening. You're burning your skin off with dangerous products like that!
- The complete system. There's a soap, a face cream and body lotion. So pantay ang beauty everywhere!
What I don't like:
- The smell. It's not unpleasant. It's actually sweet, like candy. But I don't like sweet smells. I'm a fan of fresh scents and floral scents. I looked at bloggers' reviews and they all LOVED the smell so this is totally subjective, okay? So this isn't a bad thing!
- The orange-ness. The foam is orange. I feel like that's unnecessary coloring. Maybe they should just take out the color.
- You have to use it twice a day. That means two showers, two applications of lotion. I'm a mom of three babies. I don't have the time!
Have you tried out the Belo Intensive Whitening line? Tell me what you think!
You can also try out the Belo Intensive Whitening line since I am giving away 5 sets! Here's how to win:
- Like the Facebook page of Belo Essentials @BeloEssentials.
- Like the Topaz Horizon page, too!
- Share in the comments below why you want to win and then add your FB account name.
That's it! So easy! Contest ends in a week. That's April 8, Wednesday. Good luck!
Check out the Facebook page of Belo Essentials or follow @BeloKojic on Twitter to find out more.
CONTEST IS CLOSED.
Congratulations to Celin Mendoza, Ronie Maranga, Mikai MA, Love del Rosario and Shierry Rose Mendoza! I have little notes for you in reply to your comments below!
* * * * * * *
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Love me on Bloglovin'