- I quit smoking in 2009 (I had to get pregnant first).
- I am eating healthier (because I got pregnant, breastfed and am pregnant again).
- I'm going to the doctor a lot for health check-ups (but that's because I'm pregnant and, honestly, I'm sick of seeing hospitals and doctors!) and the good news is I'm very healthy.
- I've worn red lipstick (it really does wake up the face!).
- I was exercising but then my second pregnancy became delicate so I had to quit so now I'm all flabby again.
- With a baby and another on the way, sleep has become a thing of the past.
- I'm still not drinking enough water.
- I'm still pimply! My skin had actually cleared up, but then I got pregnant and the hormones are wreaking havoc on my poor face.
The Never Mind
- I don't have to eat fruits. I already eat tons of veggies anyway!
- I've resolved that some relationships are toxic and that it's better for me (and them) to just step back and not be involved. Especially now that I'm a mother and have very limited time to spend with anyone who doesn't deserve my time.
So now it's 2012 and I have a (kinda) new list of things to do:
- Drink more water!
- Exercise as soon as I hit my 6th month of pregnancy and then six weeks after I give birth. Not because I want to lose weight (it's never about the weight), but because I want to be strong and healthy for my children.
- Let this be the year my skin clears up!!!
- Use the lovely things I get for free (like luxury skin creams, eye-lash growth products, creamy lotions, etc) and try to go to the derma and salon more regularly so that I'd look even better! I'm already 35, with a growing family and career. I can't let myself go!
- Spend more time with the people I truly care about and who care about me. I actually do--I'm very proud of that!--but I want to spend even more time with them. I don't know how I'm going to do that with all the things on my plate but I will!
- Go into business again. I tried this year and failed because of unreliable people (more on this soon). I have learned a lot and I will do better! But I'll do this after I give birth.
- Grow the blogs. Bigger and better this 2012!
So there! What's on your list? And do you ever get to resolve your resolutions? Do tell!