Vince and I are finally going on our honeymoon! After one year just setting up our new and beautiful home (yep, all our money went to the darn furniture), we've decided to be proper newlyweds and have sex in another land.
Now, we've always wanted to go to this place because...
1. the locals speak English so we don't need to learn another language
2. Vince spent his formative years there so it has a special place in his heart
3. I've always been fascinated with (and thoroughly studied) their history, especially their royals
4. I don't like beaches and wildlife. I'm a very urban girl. So we decided to visit a city.
5. Many of our most beloved authors, historical figures, and actors come from this land.
Well, we finally got our visas (that's another story for another day) and we bought our plane tickets yesterday and we're booking our hotel this weekend. I've been looking at many tourist sites till my eyes bleed, just planning the itinerary. We're both so so very very excited! A honeymoon!!! At last!!!
Here are the clues to where we're going:
- This city is one of the oldest in the world and boasts of impressive centuries-old palaces, cathedrals and other magnificent architectural wonders.
- Many museums and parks figure prominently in this great urban center. It is also known for its theaters, street markets, pubs and pigeons! Oh, and did I mention the fabulous shopping???
- Some of the world's most iconic landmarks can be found here--from an imposing clock tower, a huge ferris wheel, and a bridge that kids sing is "falling down" to the Tube, red double-decker buses and charming phone booths painted in red.
Those clues should be enough! So tell me...
Where will Vince and I spend our honeymoon?
The correct answer gets a bottle of Burberry's latest fragrance, Burberry The Beat (again, that's another clue since Burberry is an iconic brand from this city!).
*How to win:
1. Winner will be the first commenter to correctly guess where we're going.
2. Winner must have a Manila address since courier services don't ship perfume bottles. They explode in flight. So the winner will be the first commenter from Manila who guesses right!
3. Please comment in this format: your answer, your first name, city where you're from, and email address.
4. Please do not put your full name and delivery address in the comment box since this blog is not secure. If you put your personal info, I will not be responsible for any identity theft and other problems that may arise from your actions.
5. I will announce the winner in a blog entry on June 5.
All city images from FreeFoto; Burberry image from Amazon